Thursday, May 20, 2010

Esther

So tonight I studied the book of Esther and it was so empowering! It made me crave an opportunity to prove my faith. I've always wanted a true test of my faith; not just a really bad week or a fight with a friend. A true test. Then it got me thinking...what would I do if I was truly tested? I would like to think that I would be Esther and stand for what I believe in and go against the odds...heck, for her it was against the law. Sadly, there are too many times in my past to count that I've gone against my faith..gone with what the crowd wants. I just hope that sometime, in the future, whenever my faith is truly put to the test that I pass with flying colors. I have a God whose love is SO unfathomable for me and who loves me regardless. Let's hope I'm strong like my good friend Esther and surpass my expectations.
Something else that is quite interesting about this book, and why it's not printed in every Bible, is that it's the ONLY book in the Bible that never mentions God, Worship, Prayer, OR Sacrifice. Whoever wrote this book is believed to have used that as a means of directing the readers attention to the fact that it is GOD who controls and directs all the seemingly insignificant coincidences that make up that plot of the book and the issue of deliverance of the jews. Sometimes it's so crazy to me that God is everywhere...he is everyone and everything I look at and observe. It's so crazy that at times I forget it and then He always has a funny way to bring it back into light.."Hey, Emma! I'm right here, and I'm STILL Great!" I just pray that one day, especially the day that I'm tested, I have the strength to stand up for my beliefs...regardless of what the crowd is doing!

What Gives you Strength in your faith? I want to challenge you to seriously think about this question. Not what gives you strength at school and in your relationships with your friends...what gives you strength in your faith? What would your response be to a serious test of your faith (like the possibility of death)? What gives you that CONSTANT assurance that God is everywhere? Think about it, and you might be surprised at your answer.

Much Love,
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment