Sunday, May 2, 2010

Summer Goal List

So, out of pure boredom, I present to you my random list of things I will accomplish this summer:

1) i WILL learn to waterski. Or hey, I'm going to atleast attempt. This could get ugly

2) Start volunteering more; Habitat for Humanity, Animal Shelter, Medical Clinic...there are so many people in Darlington that need so much help. I'm so blessed so I think it's time for me to start giving back to a community that's given to me for so long.

3) Become a volunteer at Newspring; I just love that place so much!!

4) Continue to grow stronger in my faith; Being away from my PC bubble will be a little difficult, but with a little prayer and a lot of scripture, my walk with Christ will continue to persist...while hopefully bringing others along for the ride as well.

5) Get over appearances; whatever, so obviously I'm not going to be the skinniest girl on the beach. whatever. God doesn't care what I look like.

6) Go running more; As much as I hate to admit it, I really do get a little enjoyment out of running...after I'm finished. Why not kill two birds with one stone? Get my lazy rear end into shape all the while having more time to clear my head.

7) Start planning for next year; Sophomore class president, bluefish, and ADPi? Next year could get interesting. Let the planning and brainstorming commence...

8) Commit more time to being with my grandmother: I went and visited her and Papa the other day when I got home and it made me realize just how fast things change. I really need to buckle down and spend more time with her. Even though it's hard to see her sick, I don't want to have any regrets.

9) I will start saving. Money is tight...especially as a college student. I'm going to make the best out of what I get paid this summer, and glorify God with all of it. Which leads me to Titheing. God, I really need to do better. And I will; starting now.

10) Make it one to remember: Call me cliche, whatever. This year has truly made me realize how fast time flies, so I don't want to look back and realize that I had any time that went to waste. Here's to a summer full of worship, fellowship, volunteering, lake weekends, beach weekends, time with my family and boyfriend, and preparing for next year.

Something tells me that this summer is going to fly by and before i know it, I'll be moving into Clinton 3rd. I will make the best of it.

Good luck to everyone still in exams. Y'all stay safe!
Much Love,
Emma

1 comment:

  1. I'll be living on first floor Grotnes. Come visit! Let me know if you move in early, I'll be there early because I work for ResNet. We could get some dorm-neighbor bonding in =)

    ReplyDelete