Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Best Friend

Ya know, I've been blessed with some pretty amazing people in my life. I have an awesome family who loves me for who I am and supports me through thick and thin, a sister who loves me regardless that we're 2 hours away and fight more than we get along, and a group of friends that make me laugh when I don't even want to smile.

But, right now, I want to tell you about someone who has made one of the biggest impacts on me in perhaps the smallest amount of time possible; my best friend. Exactly one year ago today, I went to prom with what I thought was just one of my really good friends. You know, the guy that I could vent to, the guy that would call me for advice after a really bad day. It wasn't until the weeks approaching prom that I began to realize that my feelings for this supposed "friend" were much deeper than what I ever thought they would be. It started with "...so I've been thinking," and one year later, here we are.

Chad Yaken, I love you more than you'll ever know! Thank you so much for being my everything; my shoulder to cry on, my support system when no one else thinks I can do it, my inspiration, and most importantly...the best friend a girl could ask for.



1 comment: