Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A thought to ponder

So as I was reading the random assortment of blogs I follow today, I came across this nifty quote, and I honestly feel like God placed it in my sight as a sign regarding the future and how I need to live. Here's the quote:
"If you would not like to be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing....."
Wow. Like, I don't know if y'all realize how this quote literally took my breath away. I have finally realized that I want to WRITE! It's my passion and I think God's telling me to go for it! I feel so empowered right now! Why? Well on top of the whole, figuring my life out (for the moment, at least) thing, I have had quite the productive day! I've gotten a lot of homework done and even applied for jobs this summer! I emailed She, The News and Press, and The Florence Morning News about jobs. No emails back yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Ever since I've begun this whole "getting my life straight" thing, my days have been absolutely amazing. I've chosen to surround myself with Godly people, and let me tell you: there are quite a few around me these days! Thank You, Lord!
This weekend is Winter Conference in Montreat, and it couldn't have come at a better time! I feel like this is such perfect timing and cannot wait to praise God and grow closer to him in an environment where I'm surrounded by people just like me! wow. lots of excitement going on right now, huh?
Well, back to the books, I guess. Linguistics and Biology tests next week. Yikes.
Hope You all are having a great week!
Much Love,
Emma

2 comments:

  1. That's so exciting! I can't wait for Winter Conference!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! It is so exciting to find out what your purpose it, and that moment of clarity is priceless. I can't begin to describe it.
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete