Sunday, January 24, 2010

In the beginning...

God created the Heavens and the Earth. that simple, right? Well, up until this weekend it almost seemed so.
Winter Conference was so incredible! Although the weather was less than ideal, being in the mountains and knowing that I was in the midst of something so much bigger than myself is completely indescribable. The whole theme of the weekend was "In the Beginning", based off the creation story. Up until listening and reflecting upon what the speaker said, I had never truly thought about the creation story. I thought it just kinda happened. Without thought...kind of just like, in a week he created it all. I didn't ever stop to think about how much care he took into it all. Thinking about and absolutely knowing what we need and how much of it we needed and where it should go and how it should look...the list just keeps going. I felt a little naive as I went back and re-read the creation story, now from a different perspective. Genesis 1 is so elaborate and detailed, it's a bit shameful to look back and realize that i've nearly "overlooked" it all these years.
Even though it rained pretty much the entire weekend, the mountains were absolutely gorgeous, and you couldn't help but to stop and feel surrounded by God. It was so amazing. I've made the point to keep a "prayer journal" for the past few weeks, and man did it get some serious usage this weekend...which, I guess is a good thing. It's so cool how awesome you feel after having your own time with God. It's like my moment to stop and take a breath, and realize how blessed I am...even in times like this week. 2 tests and a paper. Boy, oh boy. Not any minor tests, no. Biology and Linguistics. Fun, right?
BUT this weekend is semi-formal! I'm so pumped. Just have to survive the next 5 days. I can do this!
Well, back to the books, I suppose. Hope you all have a wonderful week!
Much Love,
Emma

2 comments:

  1. Emma! I'm so glad you had such a great time this weekend! It is so cool how God can meet you at those times when you're starting to get overwhelmed! It was so great to hear that we, and everything in this world was made out of love!!!
    Can't wait for this weekend!
    Love Love!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma!
    It's so great to see how God is teaching you so much about your faith! I know how you feel, God has been using so many marvelous people to teach me so many things this semester, it's truly amazing! i'm so glad you had a great time at winter conference! let's get together soon!
    loves.

    ReplyDelete