Sunday, November 29, 2009

The adventures of Obama Mama and the KC Fog Light

So I definitely had a "first" today...my first wreck. Okay, so technically I wasn't the one driving, and technically it wasn't my car, BUT I was in the passenger seat. And Chad, if you're reading this, don't kill me for blogging about this, it's just something I want to do.
Okay, so my wonderfully sweet boyfriend decided in order for me to save gas he would pick me up and bring me back to PC on his way home (Coming from Clemson, this isnt a big deal). So he picks me up at my house at about 3 and we make our treck towards PC. Not only is traffic absolutely HORRIBLE..like literally bumper to bumper...brake lights everywhere, you know the drill, but the sun is going down and was in this extremely awkward and inconvienent place, you know, directly in your face. lovely. Okay, so, like I was saying, Chad was driving down I-20 and all of a sudden the little ole lumina (Hey mom, remember the Lumina!?) in front of us slammed on breaks...not just like a pleasant little tap, but legitimately SLAMMED on brakes. Needless to say, a "fender bender" was inevitable. So we bump into them and luckily no one was hurt and no other cars were hit in the process. The poor girl wasn't the friendliest but no police were called and her car wasn't hurt. Chad's car was pretty much untouched except his lights that he pretty much worships...fog lights? something of the sort...whatever they are, they're expensive and really nice apparantly. So a lot of phone calls and a little freaking out later, we continue our treck to Clinton and 2 hours later we made it. Only an hour longer than it usually takes...thank you traffic and retarded drivers. Much appreciated.
Regardless of the hectic trip, this break was amazingly quiet and really nice. Pretty sure I slept more in the past 5 days than I have all year. And, lucky for me, I got to spend nearly every day with Chad, which was a really big plus. He really keeps me grounded during weeks like the next two coming up (you know...exams? fun, right?!). Without him, I'm pretty sure I would lose my head a lot of the time. So here's to you, Chad...thanks for keeping me sane, and keeping your cool (well, most of the time) even through your obama drama and your kc fog light incidents... Love you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment