Thursday, December 3, 2009

"But what do they do behind the curtain?..."

Guess what I did today?!
I saved three lives! Yepp, I gave blood! Lucky for me my iron was barely high enough to be accepted but hey, i'll take what I can get. (thank you, anemia.) Okay, so my day was pretty productive. Audra and I got out of class at 10 so, instead of doing what I usually do and take a nap, we decided to be super duper productive and go work out. Man, oh man did I need it! After burning close to 400 calories on the treadmill and doing a lot of ab workouts (PS don't make me laugh for a while. it hurts.), we ate a healthy lunch at Springs with Victoria...and lo and behold we found out about the blood drive! I jumped at the chance to give because I don't get to give as often as I'd like..you know, because I'm anemic. We convinced Audra to do it too, because she had never done it before. Yay for saving lives! But boo for new nurses who dig into your veins with a very uncomfortable needle. yikes...poor tamra. (that was my little nurses name. She was obviously new.)
So after giving blood I wasn't feeling so hott. After a 2 hour nap, I hit the books. Oh boy...I am so ready to get out of this Bio for majors class...this exam is going to be a killer. So, overall, today was a productive day, and I must say I'm pretty darn proud! And hey! I got a free T-shirt too! :)
PS: I will be home in exactly ONE WEEK from tomorrow!! I CAN NOT WAIT! Yay for Christmas, monkey bread, and egg nog.
Happy Studying and good luck next week!
Much Love,
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment