Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Stick a Fork in Me...I'm Done!

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Wait...what? That's not right. Let's try this again.
It's the most "pull my hair out because I've been studying all night with no sleep" time of year!
Yes...that sounds much more accurate. Oh, exam week...how you are dreaded by every student on the Presbyterian College campus, including myself. Especially including myself. These past 4 days have all seemed to blend together, but I'll do what I can to get this right.
First and foremost can I just say that I absultely cannot believe that my first semester of college is already OVER?! Didn't I just move in two days ago? Surely 4 months of class has not already passed by...right? Wrong. It's December. Already. I've learned so many valuable lessons this semester on the grounds of everything from working out, eating, socializing, and studying. I know you're just dying to get some insight on this advice so (thanks for the idea, sarah derrick) I present to you, the top 10 things I've learned my first semester of college:
1) It's completely acceptable to schedule a class because all of your friends are in it...and you have no idea what the class is until the first day.
2) You don't always have to take your advisors advice. (For example: advising me to take linguistics next semester? i.e. the hardest class available for English majors?..not happenin)
3) Never EVER take your shower at home for granted. EVER.
4) Privacy is a priveledge. One you aren't blessed with very often.
5) Don't buy your books until after the first day of class. For some of your classes, you won't EVER open the book. Waste of money. (i.e. Basic Wellness)
6) 8am classes are a lot earlier than you think..especially on Fridays.
7) Go into classes with an open mind. You might just figure out that you're not meant to be a Bio major..or what have you.
8) Time Management: you need it. (Credit to Townley for this one.)
9) That not so long walk TO the houses is a LOT longer coming back at 4am...call the pondo shuttle. or Officer Woody.
10) The hill beside the library is a lot steeper than you think it is after a night of studying at 5am.
...and just for the heck of it
11) Avoid the Freshman Fifteen at all costs. Even if it means avoiding the ice cream in GDH...well, maybe.

This semester has brought me so much happiness and at the same time it's brought me more stress than I ever thought possible. I've overcome so many obstacles and I've grown so much just in these past 4 months, its crazy to even think about. I've experienced the excitement of Rush, the happiness of making my first "A" in a college level class, the joys of hour long dinners in GDH, and coffee breaks at Springs when I've been studying way too long.I've endured rainy pin attire days, "dead week", home sickness, and finals. It's been a wild ride, but it's been great. And the best part? I still have more than 3 years left of this wonderful place called PC.
Happy Studying! Remember, Christmas Break is just around the corner.
Much Love,
Emma

1 comment:

  1. Well cool, Emma. Theif. But way to go with your studies! Something I envy, well maybe. Please come visit me soon!

    ReplyDelete