Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Life's Little Miracles

.Bad Days.
We all have them. Well, today was definitely the worst one I've had in a while.
Let's just say that after a less-than impressive linguistics test, I had what one would call a "mental breakdown" in front of my linguistics professor. Not only was I humiliated, but I was just flat out mad at myself. I simply wanted to talk to him about my test when, all of a sudden, I couldn't stop crying! so so so humiliated. Poor Dr. Brent didn't know what to do, he just kind of sat there and looked at me then kindly told me to come by his office Friday to talk about it. Wow, way to go, Emma. sheesh.
THEN to add insult to injury, I got hit by a sudden wave of homesickness. It seems like just all of a sudden I wanted to pack up my car and just go home. (Which, I am this weekend. Hmm...maybe I'm just antsy.) I just called my poor mother and cried. But wait, there's a light at the end of this tunnel!
The one thing that absolutely amazes me is how once I stop, take a breath, and look around me, I realize that my life is completely full of little tiny miracles. I like to call these miracles my friends. Completely discouraged, I walk into Belk lobby only to find some of the sweetest girls in the world sitting and talking and immediately find myself feeling better. A little vent session and a few tears later, I was completely back to myself. Yeah, still a little homesick and partially upset, but I'm back. And it's all thanks to my little miracles that God blesses me with on a daily basis. I definitely had an epiphany of how wonderful everything around me is. I've found God in so many places and people lately that it's so miraculous; a phonecall from my boyfriend, the ladies of Belk and Clinton, my sorority sisters, the smiling face of the lunch ladies in GDH, and a pack of peanut butter m&ms shared with friends. It all sounds silly, but I can't help but to stop and just thank God for all of these little blessings that are constantly surrounding me.

Psalm 3: 3-4
"But You, O Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, and the one who lifts my head high. I cried out to the Lord and he answered me from his holy mountain."

Remember that things aren't always as bad as they seem. Whenever the times get tough, take a look around and simply take in all of life's little miracles. It might help more than you think.
Much Love,
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment