Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Gives me hope

Okay so I had a friend email me the address to this website the other day and I'm completely obsessed. I knew I would be addicted because in the description it reads, "Like FML, but for optimists!" Okay. So the website is www.givesmehope.com and it's truly magical. Basically, it's about random acts of kindness that people see and write about how that "give them hope".
Sitting here and reading them, I couldn't help but to stop and think about what gives me hope. What inspires me? And I've come to the conclusion. Other than God, who completely inspires me to do my best at everything I do, my friends and family are my ultimate hope. My friends at school who, knowing I have a bad day go on a dinner date with me. My friends who plan Spring Breaks with me even in February. My sisters who send me random texts that help me through my day. My mom and dad who call me just to say hi, or send me letters on Valentine's Day that sing princess tunes. My sister who skypes with me and texts me about stuff that only I would find funny. My boyfriend who is always there for me no matter the case and who loves me jut for being me. And finally, everyone else that I encounter on a daily basis. Those that are happy, sad, laughing and simply walking by give me hope. Because it's God's way of showing me the beauty in other people, and it truly makes me HOPE that when people see me, they see the same beauty reflecting in my actions.
I always wonder what people see when they look at me. Isn't it a crazy thought that what you see in yourself is possibly completely different from what other people see in you? I can only hope and pray that what people see is a strong willed, independant, and fun girl who reflects God's image to the best of her ability. Although I'm not perfect and I never will be, I can atleast try to have a beautiful spirit.
Stay Hopeful,
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment